Red Carpet IT Services is looking for a Principal Performance Engineer. We’d love to hear if this is the perfect vacancy for you! (please note that we are only able to proceed with candidates who are currently based in the Netherlands or able to relocate on short notice without VISA request)
As the Performance Engineer you’ll get to work with a group of development teams, with the aim of helping the teams to build performant software from the ground up. Working closely with the system engineers and development teams, you look into innovative solutions, do research continually, execute PoCs and share these insights with the relevant stakeholders.
The skills required as a performance engineer are derived from an intersection of testing, optimisation, systems and software engineering. You also have a coaching and consulting relationship with the teams you work with.
If you’re eager to tackle the role, here’s a bit more about what you’ll actually do:
- Define SMART KPIs for performance-based NFRs and ensuring that they are understood by all stakeholders involved;
- Design and creating performance test scenarios, proper test data, automated test suites and testing environments;
- Strategically establish the best-in-class performance engineering approach for all software development teams;
- Looking at both short and long term possibilities.
- Influence and convince the development teams to adopt your recommendations and approaches;
- Provide structural recommendations to ensure identified performance issues will not reoccur;
- Keep up to date with performance engineering tooling and ensure all development teams are using the latest and greatest tools;
- Contribute to the performance engineering discipline, ensuring that guidelines are interpreted correctly in all the development teams;
- Support and guide the resolution of performance-related customer escalations.
As a Performance Engineer, you know your role expands beyond day to day operations of engineering. You’re a curious go getter with a passion for working with people, challenging your own skillset and breaking the status quo.
In order to be successful in this job, you’ll need to have:
- An intrinsic drive to achieve the best software performance, backed up with several years of relevant experience in performance testing and engineering;
- A proactive mindset in building efficient performance solutions and taking ownership and driving change in your DNA;
- Experience with performance tools like Gatling, JMeter, Grafana and CI/CD tools like Github Actions/Jenkins;
- Experience with Spring framework and tuning JVM;
- Hands on know how of Docker and Kubernetes; deploying services to Azure environments is a big plus;
- Relevant experience with relational databases like SQL Server Oracle and MySQL with the ability to analyse database bottlenecks;
- Preferred: Multiple years of software quality engineer experience with Java in microservice environments
- Preferred: Multiple years of software development experience with Java and expert knowledge on performance in microservice systems.
- Start as soon as possible;
- You can work hybride.
Want to know more about this position and the organisation? Then apply via the button below. For more information about the position, please contact Rian Barnes on +31 6 51966686 or +31 20 723 0900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.