Do you want to play a key-role by bringing banking as we know it today to the next level and contribute to the biggest digital revolution in history? The goal of this bank is to act as a fully digital bank in 2021 and further. Their clients must be able to invest and execute transactions without dependency on the time, location and the kind of device they are using. An agile environment has been created to achieve these goals together and starting in 2022 the organization should be fully operational in DevOps teams.
Our client supports the complete infrastructure of the bank. Their organizations are completely aligned which means you and your team support a specific business domain, such as Financial Markets, Channels (Internet Banking), Functions, Transactions, Digital Integration, etc. As application support engineer you operate as spider in the web between the customer, functional support and developers (suppliers) as TCS and Infosys. You are responsible for both: Run (incidents, support) and Change activities (projects, releases, advice). All this in a fast changing, so very dynamic environment where cloud, fintech, blockchain and privacy are a key-factor. To ensure high availability and performance work is organized towards ITIL standards, using the tool ServiceNow. Out of business hours support (stand-by) and weekend deployments come with the job.
The bank has Private Banking and Corporate Banking operations around the world. Private Banking offers financial services to wealthy individuals, while Corporate Banking serves large corporates. As part of our international services to corporate clients, we serve Dutch clients with operations outside the Netherlands and offer specialized services in trade and commodities finance, Clearing, Lease and Commercial Finance. These are the fields in which the bank excels. This international Bank aims to pursue gradual and disciplined growth of its international activities in the coming years.
To support and strengthen the digital transformation we are searching for the best application support technicians to help achieving our customer’s goal.
- have solid knowledge of the supported operating systems (Unix (AIX), Red Hat Linux), also in a virtualized environment
- have a proven record of application support within large/complex environments and understand how different applications interact with each other
- are experienced in using scheduling tooling such as OPC, Control-M and TWS and are familiar with application deployments using uDeploy (UrbanCode Deploy) or XL Deploy
- love your work as OPS-engineer, but you do have affinity with DEV as well. You actively work together with the customer and suppliers and should be able to advise them or even challenge them when acceptance criteria have not been met
- knowledge and experience using Kornshell and Bash scripting
Preferably you will also have:
- entry knowledge of message concepts (MQ)
- entry knowledge of transaction management and database products (DB2, Oracle, SQL)
- experience using containerization techniques and tooling, such as Docker
- experience using Ansible for automating software provisioning, configuration management, and application deployment
- understand cloud solutions (CMS, AWS, Azure)
- But even more important is that you:
- are able to not only suggest solutions, but you are also able to put them in practice
- not only understand the technical part, but you are also aware that to create value you need to cooperate with colleagues, the business and other suppliers
- are a team player, willing to help others and share your knowledge all the time
- have an exploratory and eager mindset, on the lookout for new developments, but as an OPS-engineer you understand that for sustainability adopting certain standards are required
- Examples of epics you could work on:
- attending daily stand-ups
- provide input and advise during scrum meetings
- execute BAU and Change activities
- review non-functional requirements
Offer: Start Date; ASAP Duration 6 months with the possibility of multiple extensions.
Working Language is English, Dutch is a Pre
We can assist with acquiring a work permit for those who are non-EU citizens.
The daily rate is excellent.
If you think you have the correct skill set or would like to know more about this position, please do not hesitate to contact Rian Barnes , +31(0)651966686.