We are looking for a Proficient Cobol (MicroFocus) DevOps Engineer
An energetic, pro-active DevOps Engineer with a passion for IT. In this position you work within a squad of one of the Tribes of our client. You enjoy working together in a multidisciplinary team and at the same time you also find it important that you can use your own expertise.
You work according to the Scrum methodology and Continuous Delivery Engineering Practices on maintaining, deploying and managing Cobol/PL1 applications on a MicroFocus stack. As a DevOps Engineer you contribute to realizing the purpose of the squad. You do this by working end-to-end Agile on the user stories from the Backlog.
Customer perspective is your primary drive to work in a squad.
This is what you are going to do
As a DevOps Engineer you are able to manage both the conceptual- and the actual implementation phase of applications which includes change-, incident and problem management. You understand the entire MicroFocus stack. You can contribute to the realization of all activities in the backlog.
The following components are important in this regard:
• In the Tribe structure you are part of an ambitious and driven squad with an Agile approach. You work together with colleagues from other areas of expertise and you take the initiative with regard to broadening knowledge (inside and outside your expertise) that is relevant within the Tribe in which you work.
• You take up tasks/activities that contribute to the mission wherever possible, even if it does not fall entirely within your area of expertise.
• You have an up-to-date vision of IT expertise.
• You are able to get all (typical) items of the backlog from ‘to do’ to ‘done’.
• You master the MicroFocus engineering skills across the full spectrum.
• You maintain-, configure-, test-, deploy-, monitor-, manage- and delete (Life Cycle Management) Cobol/PL1 apps/artefacts including database-, API-, JCL-, scheduling-, alerting- and MQ-artefacts.
• You provide Level 2 support for your applications (Helpdesk is Level 1 support);
• You contribute to the development of your squad by actively giving and receiving feedback.
• As a highly experienced DevOps Engineer, you coach less experienced colleagues and provide training.
• You are responsible for the development of your own professional knowledge and you apply it. You know where to get that knowledge and you actively ask for help from your IT Chapter Lead in your personal development.
• You are familiar with IT Risk processes and experienced in their implementation, administration and monitoring.
Your work environment
is an environment where the most important business payment processes are supported with customized wholesale core banking MicroFocus applications. This environment will be rebuild in the near future and together with your colleagues you will help running this IT landscape.
Standby shifts are part of keeping the Cobol/PL1 applications running (7×24)
Who are you?
You are the all-round, highly experienced MicroFocus DevOps engineer who finds it challenging to manage important business payment applications.
Knowledge of / experience with business payment processes is a plus.
You have at least 5 years of recent experience with and knowledge of (banking) MicroFocus applications.
You have knowledge of / extensive experience with:
• Expert level MicroFocus Enterprise Developer/Server
• COBOL, PL1, JCL, CICS and IMS at expert/senior level
• Testing, preferably with ALM/UFT.
• MS SQL server databases / SQL queries
• Take the lead on (performance) risks for change releases.
• Understanding how your application fits into the entire chain of which it is part.
• You have experience working in an Agile organization.
• You have a good knowledge of the English language, verbally and in writing.
In addition, you recognize yourself in the following profile:
• Bachelor degree and thinking level, with an IT background.
• Certification and/or proven proficiency in one or more high level programming languages.
• Pro-active, team player, optimist, flexible.
Offer: Start Date; ASAP Duration 1 year with the possibility of multiple extensions.
Working Language is English and Dutch.
We can assist with acquiring a work permit for those who are non-EU citizens.
The daily rate is excellent.
If you think you have the correct skill set or would like to know more about this position, please do not hesitate to contact Rian Barnes , +31(0)651966686.